HR consulting: Our scientific process for measuring HR performance.
Understanding how fuzzy human variables impact diverse sets of business metrics requires precise methodologies and advanced statistics. Advanced HR analytical tools used by Shaker Consulting Group include:
- Validation analysis for pre-employment assessment
- Evaluation of individual impact on dashboard metrics
- Business relationship of engagement survey results
- Competency model analysis and validation, job performance and training needs analysis
We offer a variety of approaches/solutions to measure and improve HR performance. Once the Performance Model is created, we link our interventions to the relevant competencies for a position, group, or organization.
Employee Consulting Performance Metrics.
Does your candidate evaluation actually predict on-the-job performance?
How do you demonstrate the impact of specific competencies on business results?
How do organizational beliefs influence HR performance?
Do areas with low scores on an engagement survey really need attention or action?
What is your return on investment from hiring, training, and developing your people?
What is the next generation of HR performance measurements you need to develop?
Human Resource Metrics Can Document the Link Between Employee Competencies and Business Outcomes
Performance metrics allow for the link between employee behavior and business outcomes. At Shaker Consulting Group, we rely on rigorous measurement methods to link human capital to organizational outcomes. This enables an organization to demonstrate people's performance and ultimately their impact on operating results. In order to quantify organizational ROI, we can:
- Discover where your organization sits on the continuum of people measurement - as tied to business impact
- Create models and identify key human resource metrics that demonstrate how your people create value and achieve financial results
- Provide guidance on development of an HR measurement system for your staffing process
- Create maps that link individual performance to business results
- Align HR performance measurement with strategy implementation
Every consultative solution we provide is intended to produce a return on investment. No matter how you measure HR results, Shaker Consulting Group can deliver. Here are some examples:
- Screened out candidates with a low probability of success, thereby avoiding over $10 million in potential lost annual sales revenue
- Avoided hiring 45 poor-fit applicants, leading to a savings of $3.2 million in the first year
- Created a shift in median sales volume from $68k to $140k. Increased the average total number of sales from 69 to 173
Condensing the Learning Curve
- Decreased average time required to achieve objectives for productivity and accuracy from four weeks to two weeks
- Increased training success rate from 82% to 98%, thereby avoiding over $1 million in annual termination costs
- 50% decrease in performance turnovers
- 33% reduction in involuntary turnovers
Efficiency and Effectiveness
- 20% increase in data fields entered (CSR position)
- 9% decrease in hold time (CSR position)
- 6% increase in quality scores (CSR position)
- 18% increase in those formally recognized for outstanding performance
- 60% decrease in number of formal performance warnings