You're sure to see us around this year's event as presenters, attendees, and exhibitors. The annual conference connects industrial and organizational psychology (I-O) professionals with the latest innovations and best practices to emerge in the field related to improving employee selection, performance, and retention.
A Diamond Partner of SIOP 2017, Shaker will play a prominent role in the event. Visit Shaker at Booth 200 to get a closer look at our Virtual Job Tryout technology. We're also co-sponsoring the annual Frank Landy 5K Fun Run. Enter and help us celebrate this SIOP tradition!
Shaker experts also will share their research and thought leadership in nine educational sessions:
- The CIP Model of Leadership: Research Advancements and New Directions (Thursday, April 27; 12:30 p.m.) – This symposium and forum session will feature Shaker associate Carter Gibson, reviewing more than a decade of research on the charismatic, ideological, pragmatic (CIP) model of leadership.
- Will Technology Make Assessment Obsolete? (Thursday, April 27; 1:30 p.m.) – Shaker’s vice president, Research and Innovation, Eric J. Sydell, and associate Jensen T. Mecca, will join a panel about the future of assessment technology, looking at the impact of trends such as big data, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and more.
- Gaming and Gamification IGNITE: Current Trends in Research and Application (Thursday, April 27; 5:00 p.m.) – This IGNITE/Research Incubator session will explore current trends and practices, highlighting work from Shaker associates Mecca, Alison E. Carr, and Andrew J. Barsa with Christine L. Pusilo of Amazon titled, “Gaming the System: Psychometric Rigor, Device Agnosticism, and Gamified Assessments.”
- High-Fidelity Simulation Scoring Practices: Tricks of the Trade Revealed! (Friday, April 27; 8:00 a.m.) – Lei Qin, Insights team leader for Shaker, joins this combined presentation and panel discussion to share case study examples and empirical evidence of simulation scoring practices.
- Agile I-O: Toolkit for Faster Better R&D (Friday, April 27; 8:00 a.m.) – Here, Sydell and other research and development leaders will explain how Agile works in I-0, focusing on team design, project management, and research design.
- Tell Me about It: Making the Case for Case-Based RJPs (Friday, April 28; 10:00 a.m.) – This poster presentation will spotlight Mecca’s work on an experiment examining the influence of alternative delivery methods of realistic job previous (RJPs) on the strength of organizational climate perceptions.
- Get It Together: When Assessment Practices and Business Strategy Converge (Friday, April 28; 4:00 p.m.) – Shaker associate Noelle Frantz and vice president, Business Development and Strategy, Marc Wenzel will moderate a discussion with four leading I-O professionals about how differing corporate values and strategies influence assessment and other HR practices.
- The I-O of the Future: Identifying and Closing Skill Gaps (Saturday, April 29; 12:30 p.m.) – During this panel, Shaker managing associate Daly Vaughn will share his thoughts on future skill needs and offer practical steps organizations can take to prepare in the coming years.
- An Examination of Candidate Completion Rates (Saturday, April 29; 1:30 p.m.) – This Shaker-chaired symposium will include Gibson and Vaughn along with Michael J. Hudy, vice president, Selection Science, and associate Daniel B. Koletsky. Along with presenters from academic, internal consulting, and external consulting roles, this forum will share findings about factors impacting candidate completion rates and discuss the implications for organizations.